- Le Lavalette. Amazing setting with outdoor dining under the 15th century market in Villebois Lavalette. Modern French cuisine with a touch of the local specialities.
2. Le restaurant du Musee aux tourbieres restaurant. Set on a nature reserve over looking lakes and woodland, a magical setting for Lunch. A nice cycle ride from gites, makes for a well earned break .
3. Le Petit Restaurant. A lovely hidden gem run by a lovely English couple. Everything made in house. Just the other side of la Rochebeaucourt, also cyclable!
4. The Royal Oak. Traditional English Style pub with draft beers, Guinness and cider. Great Pizzas and curries as well as other dishes. Les Prommenades at Mareuil. Extremely popular hearty French cuisine, great for Lunch. Combine either one of these with a visit le chateau with its eccentric owner and a trip to the La Cave opposite the SPAR to stock up on wine.
5.A table La Luniaire As seen on A New Life In The Sun. A real surprise to find such amazing food in the middle of a tiny hamlet in Rural Dordogne.
6. Le Petit Poisson. Missing a taste of home? Delicious Fish and chips from a vintage Citroen food truck.